Covid-19, A Rural Diary - Lockdown 2 - The Daily Faff

I don’t know about you, but my lockdown life has today reached new levels of faff! It went something like this:-

1) wake at 7.30am as N sets off for the office for the first time in 9 months.

2) think how 9 long months ago - another lifetime - I used to be up at that time making porridge and a cup of tea for L before driving her to the school bus.

3) go back to sleep.

4) woken at 8.30am by doorbell, dog barking and a delivery.

5) feel a bit crappy (too much wine last night?) so do Reike session on myself which induces more sleep.

6) wake again at 9.23. Go back to sleep.

7) wake again at 9.44. Feel ashamed. 

8) open curtains and window and say good morning to my lovely llama and Mildred the cat who wants feeding (as always), miaow, miaow

9) attention caught by sheep in field opposite. Acting oddly in a group. Become awkward witness to unexpected group sheep shag. Grim fascination. Cast mind rapidly forward to next April and Spring lambs...😶

10) make cup of tea, have shower, get dressed, ready to face the day.

11) what day? Can’t do anything: some idiot has severed the BT cables down our lane so have had no landline or broadband since Friday night. Problem logged. BT sorting it out customer by customer. Expected resolution for us is 3rd December. 🙄. Can’t go shopping except for food. Or paint. Or copper piping. Can’t shop online because no internet and shitty mobile phone signal. Can’t call anyone without standing outside in rain. 

12) Do a bit of healing. What else to do? Remove a ghost. Sort some chakras. 

13) Walk the dog in driving drizzle and light levels the equivalent of snorkelling in the Solent. 

14) Go to the post office with advent calendar for G. Countdown to Christmas. What Christmas? 89 year old mother-in-law decides not to come to us for Christmas for the first time in 17 years. 

15) Spend too long playing quiz game on Facebook messenger. 

16) Make supper of sausages and lentils (better than it sounds).

17) Wine. Necessary. 

And frankly, that’s about the sum of it!

Total respect to those that have spent the day saving the saving the world / saving the economy/ saving lives. 


Comments

Miranda said…
Love this Carah! I too feel ashamed when I wake up at 10.30 having binge watched Tin Star or another series until the early hours. Your day sounds perfectly normal to me! Xx
kestrel said…
Take it as a new norm! I think many of us had major changes this year. Me included. I sometimes forget to take my bath cos I am in my pyjamas all day and it is bed time again! It is lock down and if I have to stay in all day, I might as well be comfortable in my PJs.

Most Popular