Covid-19 Write Now



I am painfully aware that when your Government declares a nationwide 'lockdown' this can have very different implications for each and every one of us. Whether you live in a city or in the country, in a house or in an apartment, whether you have outside space or just windows, whether you are in a basement or a top floor flat, whether you are in a cottage or a palace, whether you live alone or with family, whether you are young or elderly, whether you are healthy or vulnerable, and myriad other differences - we are certainly not 'all in the same boat'. Well, we sort of are, but we aren't are we? Not really....

I am also painfully aware that I am one of the luckier ones: I am not a key worker or an NHS frontline worker; I am not technically vulnerable (though starting to get a tad long in the tooth perhaps...); I have my three daughters back home with me; my husband is able to work from home; we have a good size house and garden and are surrounded by fields and hills which are perfect for our daily exercise - or simply to stare at out of the window. 

As a diarist and blogger, it is a natural extension for me to record my experience. I simply want to write about how it is for me and my family, as a social document as much as for my own memories. 

To expand the idea, I would love to hear from others who are also diarists or who would simply like to put some words down about their time in isolation, quarantine, lockdown or whatever you like to call it. Whether you want to record a particular day, a few days or a week is entirely up to you. I would also love to hear from anyone who is on the other side of the fence - a key worker or health worker, or in any other essential service. We will all be having our own, unique experiences and I'd love to gather some of them together.

If you email me, I will be delighted to read your diary entries and potentially include them in my blog. Or alternatively, post your diary entries in the comments boxes below my own posts in the days and weeks and maybe months to follow. I would love to hear voices from the UK and around the world - assuming you are able to write in English, however imperfectly. This is an unprecedented pandemic for its reach and devastation, socially and economically. I would love to hear your stories, your insights, your feelings and fears; the funny stuff and the sad stuff. You may think you have nothing to say, or that you can't write, but we all have a voice. I am not interested in fiction. I want the truth of your experience. 

Writing is a wonderful way of releasing pent up energies and emotions, thoughts and ideas. Go on, give it a go!

With my sincere thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you. Please share this post if you can. 

Carah.

©Covid19WriteNow

Comments

Miranda said…
The past few weeks seem to have passed in a blur. Having the children at home (3 young adults) is lovely one minute & then extremely stressful the next. I am now exhausted trying to get them motivated.
This morning I came across an article on line titled Failure to Launch about children staying at home long term. It was more to do with mental health but many of the points resonated with me.
So today I have whatsapped a list of chores to be done within the next 10 hours. Nothing insurmountable (for now)
I can hear my daughter singing which is a good start I hope! Xxx

Most Popular