April

What have I been doing these past few weeks? Well.....

....I have been entertaining friends in the hills of the High Peak and the flatlands of the French Landes;













I have been plunging through aquamarine Atlantic waves;






and wandering the streets of Bordeaux;





I have been visiting family and celebrating Easter and N's birthday in Sussex;



I have been chugging down the Thames on a boat in the sunshine with a glass of red wine in my hand, good food in my stomach, and sunshine and bunting all around;



I have been walking through Cornish gorse and granite, picking wild garlic, feeling sand between my toes and the warmth of friendship in my soul;










I have watched the Royal Wedding;








I have been packing and unpacking; cleaning and cooking; gardening and studying.




I have been slowly recovering after months of lingering illness; I have laughed, I have cried, I have comforted and cajoled.


But most of all, I have had special times in an April filled with sunshine.




Hope yours was good too.

Comments

The bike shed said…
Glad your April has been good. Jane and I were talking about you today as we sat drinking tea in the Mellor factory in Hathersage, wondering how it would be to live in the Peaks.
Carah Boden said…
Oh Mark - I can't believe you were there just today! It's one of my favourite haunts and I was there with the girls at the beginning of the Easter holidays. I'm also cross because it means your visit to the Peaks has snuck up on me while I've been so busy and we haven't had a chance to meet...herrumph!

Most Popular